American Indian and Indigenous Studies Program Graduate School Preview Day
October 29, 2018 from 8:30 am-4:30 pm ET, Cornell University
Application due: September 30, 2018. Application
Meet faculty, learn about funding, explore campus, and attend hands-on workshops and sessions focused on writing a competitive graduate school application.
PhD and Master of Environmental Science and Management (MESM) Fellowship Programs
The Sustainable Water Markets (SWM) Fellowship Program at the University of California, Santa Barbara's Bren School of Environmental Science & Management. PhD SWM Fellowship application due: December 15, 2018; MESM application due: early January 2019. Announcement
Miami University's Project Dragonfly
Apply now for 2018 Earth Expeditions graduate courses offering extraordinary experiences in 16 countries throughout the world. Earth Expeditions can build toward the Global Field Program (GFP), a master's degree that combines summer field courses worldwide with web learning communities so that students can complete the GFP master's part-time from anywhere in the United States or abroad. Project Dragonfly applications are accepted through January 28 of each year for enrollment beginning late spring.
Higher Education Internship Programs
- Pre-law Undergraduate Scholars
The University of Alabama School of Law has been awarded a $300,000 grant from the Law School Admission Council to create the Alabama Pre-Law Undergraduate Scholars Program to help prepare students for the law school admission process, success in law school and careers in the legal profession. The program is designed to attract promising students from groups historically underrepresented in the legal profession and from socioeconomically disadvantaged backgrounds, as well as students facing other significant barriers to entering the legal profession. The Alabama PLUS Program will invite about 30 undergraduate students to the Law School in the summers of 2018, 2019 and 2020 to expose them to the joys and rigors of legal education for four weeks. Participants will focus on becoming competitive law school applicants, professional development and exposure to different legal practice areas.
- Oak Ridge National Labatory administers a variety of internship programs for undergraduate students at national laboratories and other federal research facilities across the United States.
Scholarships, Grants, and Financial Aid for Native American Students
- American Indian College Fund, established in 1989, provides scholarships to American Indian/Alaska Native students attending tribal colleges and other accredited public and non-profit private colleges across the United States.
- ACS Scholars Program awards renewable scholarships to underrepresented minority students majoring in undergraduate chemistry-related disciplines, and are also intending to pursue careers in chemistry-related fields. Selected recipients are awarded up to $5,000 per academic year.
- American Indian Services create programs and generates funding that will help Native Americans receive a quality education, while still preserving the culture and honoring the heritage of Native Americans.
- Catching the Dream makes grants to Native college students and works to improve Indian schools.
- Office of Navajo Nation Scholarship and Financial Assistance serves eligible Navajo people and provides students the opportunity to achieve their educational goals.
- American Indian Science and Engineering Society provides a wide range of programs and scholarship opportunities to help students acquire skills and training that will help them meet the unique STEM needs of their communities.
- Bureau of Indian Education provides scholarship opportunities for American Indian students.
- NASA's intern.nasa.gov portal provides eligible students access to hundreds of opportunities for NASA-related internships, fellowships, and scholarships from all 10 NASA centers.
- Accredited Schools Online provides information about financial aid, scholarships, and grants for Native American students.
- MoneyGeek.com designed a guide to help future and current college students find scholarships, grants, and other information to help pay for college. View list of scholarships and grants available to Native American students exclusively, and tips to students to increase the chances their scholarship applications will be successful.
- OnlineSchools.org provides information and links to help obtain financial aid.
- Indian Country has a FREE special report about the secrets to earning scholarships for Native Americans.
- Tuck offers sleep-related scholarships and college financial aid help.
Resources for TCU Students
- Native American College Student Support GuideScholarships, Retention Strategies & Resources
- 101 Tips for Landing Native American Scholarships and GrantsDr. Dean Chavers addresses the subject of college scholarships available to Native students while debunking a variety of myths and false assumptions about scholarship applications.
- ConsumerAffairs.comcompare reviews for student loans.
- BestColleges.comfind the best colleges to help you meet your goals, learn more about the schools and programs in your area and about available financial aid options.
- USAJOBS.gov offers a Pathways Program for federal internship and employment opportunities for current students, recent graduates and those with an advanced degree.
- PublicHealth.org connects students with opportunities to begin and advance their careers in public health. The Public Health Career Guide explores different specialties within the scope of public health to help students identify and pursue their dream career.